Old Merc Controls

I have an old merc 500  50hp with the old style single handle control with the plastic rack gear inside for the throttle.

What I am looking for is a throttle cable for these controls.

Any idea where I can get one??

Thank you

Keith Kaiser



    Those controls are available at any Mercury dealer, because they are the same cables that are used today. Search your local Mercury dealer and have them order the length you need. 




Please submit whatever questions you have to IHRTechTalk@yahoo.com.  All questions and answers selected will be displayed on this page as they come in.  Note: though all boaters are welcome, priority may be given to I.H.R. members.  Randy can not be held responsible for any advice given.  Though his information and expertise is second to none, he has no control over what you do with your boat.  It is up to you to boat safely and act responsibly, and his advice is only to be used as a guidance for your high performance boat/motor of which you are the one responsible for the risks involved.

Mark C.


[ Home l About I.H.R. l History l Models l Registry l Members' Pictures l Feature Article l Tech Talk ]
[ Literature l Events l Top Guns l Guest Boat l Classifieds l Video Gallery l Racing Corner ]
[ Prop Slippage Program l Animated Videos l Screen Savers l HIN Decoder l Links l Contact Mark ]