Vandal Jackplate

I just inherited a 1978 or 79 Vandal with a 1980 Evinrude.  I'm going to repower it with a 75hp Etec with a 15" shaft.  The problem is…the transom is cracked on both sides.  I will be reinforcing it the aluminum angle iron but I need to put a jack plate on it. My question is…what size jack plate do you think that I need?



You will need to pick one that allows your power trim to work. That is the biggest priority with the 15” motor. The short motor will tilt up into the transom if not far enough back. I would guess 6-8” to gain all the clearance you will need.




Please submit whatever questions you have to  All questions and answers selected will be displayed on this page as they come in.  Note: though all boaters are welcome, priority may be given to I.H.R. members.  Randy can not be held responsible for any advice given.  Though his information and expertise is second to none, he has no control over what you do with your boat.  It is up to you to boat safely and act responsibly, and his advice is only to be used as a guidance for your high performance boat/motor of which you are the one responsible for the risks involved.

Mark C.


[ Home l About I.H.R. l History l Models l Registry l Members' Pictures l Feature Article l Tech Talk ]
[ Literature l Events l Top Guns l Guest Boat l Classifieds l Video Gallery l Racing Corner ]
[ Prop Slippage Program l Animated Videos l Screen Savers l HIN Decoder l Links l Contact Mark ]